- SUGAR LAND DEMOGRAPHICS // $118,000 Average Household Income -The facility sits near Imperial Sugar Land which is a 720-acre master planned development featuring Constellation Field, home of the Sugar Land Space Cowboys, which is the Houston Astros AAA affiliate.
- CLASS “A” PROPERTY // 708 Units | 89,718 NRSF that sits on over nine acres of land. Self-managed with tremendous upside.
- RECENT CONSTRUCTION // Approximately 2/3 of the property is less than four years old and 75 percent of the property has been constructed since 2015.
- HIGH BARRIER TO ENTRY LOCATION // Only one competing storage facility has been constructed since 2010.
- DENSELY POPULATED AREA // The facility sits within three miles of over 98K people and 3/10 mile from Highway 6, which is Sugar Land’s primary retail corridor and boasts traffic counts over 50,000 VPD.
- COMPLETE OFFICE AND STORAGE BUSINESS PARK // The property features a dozen different applications including Self-Storage, Executive Suites, Office Warehouses, RV & Boat Storage, Freezer Storage, Cold Storage, and Outdoor Parking. Additionally, 350 tenants use the property as their business address.
- ONE OF THE TOP U-HAUL DEALERS IN TEXAS // The facility generated nearly $100,000 in truck rental revenue in 2022 thanks in large part to Sugar Land’s restrictions on rental trucks.
Imperial Storage Solutions & Business E Suites offers a complete office and storage solution for companies and small entrepreneurs alike, all at one business park. From renting an executive suite along with a storage unit or leasing an office warehouse space together with an additional parking spot a large majority of the tenants use a combination of the products/services that Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites provides. As such ownership is able to meet the needs of the tenants on many different levels which has positively impacted customer retention. Furthermore, Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites is one of the top U-Haul Truck rental operators in Greater Houston in large part to being just outside of the city limits and not being subject to the City of Sugar Land’s rental truck restrictions.
Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites is a 708-unit, 89,718 Net Rentable Square Foot storage facility located in Sugar Land, Texas which is an affluent Southwest Houston suburb. The property sits on just over nine acres of land and has nine single-story buildings and one two-story building that houses the management office, 14 office warehouse spaces, and 48 executive suites. There are 172 traditional climate-controlled units and 226 drive-up non-climate-controlled units. The facility also rents freezer and refrigerated cold storage both by cubic foot.
The property was initially built in 2000, but the vast majority of the construction was completed in 2020. Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites feature several amenities commonly found in Class-A storage facilities. There’s a large full-service management office, an entrance gate with keycode access, video surveillance throughout the facility, perimeter fencing, and units with roll-up doors. The driveways are a mix of concrete, permeable True Grid Pavers, and road base. There is a large marquee sign with a digital reader board along with signage at the corner of Highway 6 and Voss Road. Additionally, ownership has maintained the facility with exceptional care and there are four backup generators dedicated to the cold storage area.
Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites is in a densely populated residential area of southwest Houston and gets its name from the historic Imperial Sugar Factory which is where the name Sugar Land came from. The facility is also less than a mile from the newly developed 720-acre Imperial Sugar Land master-planned community. Imperial Sugar Land by Johnson Development is the largest remaining development in the city of Sugar Land with a wealthy residential base and several retail and mixed-use projects under construction. The development is also home to the Sugar Land Space Cowboys which is the AAA affiliate of the Houston Astros. The facility is surrounded by a three-mile population of over 98,000 and is projected to increase by 8.5 percent by 2027. It’s not only the quantity of the nearby population, but the annual average household income is a whopping $118,000 providing Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites with a massive tenant base that has the means to store household goods, RVs and boats, or utilize the Business E Suites. Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites fronts on Voss Road which connects Old Richmond Road and F M 1464 to Highway 6 and the residential areas of north Sugar Land. In addition to the strong nearby residential demographics, Imperial Storage Solutions sits ¼ mile from Highway 6 which has daily traffic counts of over 50,000 and numerous national retailers within close proximity.
Imperial Storage Solutions and Business E Suites offer an investor the opportunity to acquire a large newly constructed asset in a high barrier-to-entry area. There has only been one new self-storage facility constructed in well over a decade. The owner says that “the only reason folks are moving out of the office warehouse spaces is because they need more space.” Fortunately, there are approximately 2 acres of outdoor parking that could be used for future expansion to accommodate storage or warehouse needs.