Charles “Chico” LeClaire
Executive Managing Director Investments
Charles “Chico” LeClaire joined Marcus & Millichap in 1990 as an agent in the Denver office. Today, he holds the designation of Executive Managing Director Investments – the highest level an investment professional can attain in the firm. He specializes in self-storage property investments and has closed over $4 billion in sales across 33 states to date. He also serves as an Executive Managing Director of Marcus & Millichap’s National Self-Storage Division.
Mr. LeClaire has numerous Top 10 and Top 30 awards over his storied 29-year career with the firm and, most recently in 2018, was ranked 24th in the company out of 1,700+ brokers. In 2016, he ranked 7th in the company. He sold over $500 million in self-storage facilities in 16 states that year alone and was awarded the Chairman’s Most Competitive Broker of the Year, the firm’s highest sales award. Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors recognized his accomplishments and designated him the top commercial investment real estate broker in the city. And in the fall of 2017, Mr. LeClaire had the honor of being the first real estate broker to be inducted into the National Self Storage Association’s Hall of Fame.
Chico enjoys hunting and fishing with his friends from Canada to Mexico. He and his wife Marlene travel extensively and spend a lot of time at their place in Mexico. He has a 33-year old daughter, Renae, who lives in Florida. Reading, watching sports, and working out fill in the rest of his time.
Sales Achievements + Awards:
- Inducted to the Self Storage Association Hall of Fame in 2017 (first real estate broker)
- Top 10 Investments Professional Nationally (Marcus & Millichap) | 2016, 2004
- DMCAR Awards: | 2016 (#1 Investment Broker in Colorado), 2003 + 2004 (#2 Investment Broker in Colorado)
- Circle of Excellence | 2018, 2016, 2004
- Chairman’s Club | 2020, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2013, 2005, 2004, 2003
- National Achievement Award | 21 times
- Sales Recognition Award | 27 times
- Top Marcus & Millichap Denver Broker | 16 times
- Member of the Advisory Board to a $750M private mortgage bond fund
- Headed the Colorado Self-Storage Owners Group for 10 years
- Was an Advisory Board Member to one of the nation’s largest Self Storage REIT’s
- National Council of the Self Storage Association | Past Member
- Mr. LeClaire routinely spends many pro bono hours writing articles for trade publications, giving presentations at self-storage industry gatherings and advising individuals and companies considering entrance into the industry
- He and his wife are contributing to numerous college scholarship programs, including the Self Storage Association’s
- He is also an active member of the Wisconsin Real Estate Alumni Association
- University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin | BBA studied Urban Land Economics